Useful Tips On How To Create A Quality Research Paper on Guide Dogs for the Blind
In order to make this a successful research paper, you must make sure to do the right searching to make this dissertation as great as you can. Before you can write an awesome dissertation, you first need to know some information that will help your research along the way and will give you all that you need.Guide Dogs for the Blind
- What you need to know is that a guide dog is labeled as a highly trained dog that acts as an aide to those who are vision impaired. It dispenses mobility and also gives freedom as well as being a devoted and loving companion.
- With the increased mobility and the independence that is gained through the use of a guide dog, the trust of the vision impaired people rises. Well trained dogs are smart, attentive and always willing to be there for their person.
Among all of the things a guide dog is taught, the ones that stand out the most are:
- Dogs are trained to walk in a straight line unless there is an obstruction.
- Guide dogs know not to turn unless they are given a command.
- Guide dogs stop at curbs and wait for a command as how to deal with traffic.
- They have an amazing ability to judge height and width so that its holder does not bump their shoulder or head.
- Being able to match the best dog with the best handler takes experience. The handler’s length of pace, height and lifestyle all submit to the type of guide dog they will be matched with.
- Dog and handler will spend about 4 weeks of hard training together until they certify together. The low vision holder often pays only a token 50p for their dog. The guide dog is then given a yellow and white harness.
A number of do's and don’ts when you are in the presence of a guide animal are necessary to follow in order for things to go smoothly.Do's
- Walk several paces behind the holder on his right side.
- Ask the holder if they need your help, and if so, offer your left arm.
- Allow the dog to rest with no disturbance.
- Don't give the dogs orders because only the masters can do so.
- In order to not distract or confuse the dogs, don't walk on their left side.
- Do not try to direct or reach for a person while their dog is guiding them.
There is much more to gather and all you have to do is research as well as use this useful information and you will write a successful dissertation that will get you what you are looking for.