Great Instructions For Writing A History Research Paper Abstract
An abstract is the short form or a mini version of your dissertation or thesis or the academic paper you are writing. The process of writing this section needs to be precise and well thought-out. Even though this paper is short in length, may be a paragraph, but you will need to dedicate much effort in writing it. This paragraph is going to summarize your entire paper so you need to make sure it includes all the sufficient information for your reader. You should not just run through with this section because it will sell your paper to the readers. It should be compelling enough to persuade a reader to get up and go find the physical paper in complete form so that he can read your paper.
The ideas you present in your paper need to follow a logical order in the manner of importance. The most significant information should appear first on the paper and so on and so forth. What is important to note here that the abstract of your paper needs to follow the same format, tone, and style as your original paper? When you write your paper, you should read it carefully several times and understand the core theme so that you can summarize it later. You cannot complete the abstract before you complete your assignment because the abstract is a summary of the original paper
If you want to write the abstract for a history research paper, then you should consider the following
- Present the basic idea you want to convey through your paper. Why did you feel the need to write this paper and what inspired you to write it
- Identify the problem for your audience. You need to explain what is the problem you want to address in your paper and why is it important to address this problem? What makes this problem so significant to be addressed in a research paper? How will this help in improving the situation?
- Give your proposed solution for this problem and explain how you plan to address this problem in your paper. This should be clear and concise without any ambiguity
- Once you explain your suggested solution, you should then show what methods you will use to prove these ideas and collecting data to aid your search
- Show results and interpret the data for your audience