Coming Up With Interesting Research Paper Topics On Immigration
Coming up with ideas based on what is happening in your local area
Whilst some areas are relatively unaffected by immigration, others will experience various changes in the makeup of the population based on immigration levels. If the local area where you live is a popular destination for immigrants then you may wish to talk about any relevant issues that you see in your everyday life. For example, you may wish to talk about how the job market has been affected, how housing services are able to accommodate immigrants, or how various aspects of local culture have changed. It may even be that you wish to talk about the increased variety of restaurants, changes relating to various shops or any other positive or negative issues surrounding immigration in the local area.
Using facts and figures to back up your arguments
Immigration is a very contentious topic. Whilst some people agree with it, others are against it. In order to put together convincing and accurate arguments, it is important that any facts or figures you use come from reputable sources. For example, if you wish to talk about how many immigrants have come into the country over time, then you will want to use officially verified facts, as opposed to random estimates by unqualified people.
Comparing immigration levels in more than one country
Whatever topic you choose to write about, you may wish to base your research not only on the country that you live in, but also those of other countries. In fact, you may not even wish to look at immigration in your own country, but would rather concentrate on immigration that is occurring elsewhere in the world
A list of immigration topics to help you come up with an idea of your own
- What affect has immigration had on birth rates in the United States?
- How has immigration affected the average wage in border communities in the US?
- A study of immigration levels over the past 50 years
- Global immigration: which countries attract the most and least immigrants
- What affect does immigration have on the education system?
- Does immigration have a positive or negative effect on the welfare system?
- An examination of immigration in the United States in the 21st Century
- An analysis of immigration levels and what to expect in the future
- A study of immigration in the EU since the 2004 enlargement
- A study of Australia’s stance and laws relating to immigration